Your choices are endless when it comes to recreating in Cody including hiking, biking, climbing, hunting, fishing, horseback riding, snowshoeing, and skiing, just to name a few.
Cody is at the heart of outstanding outdoor recreation – national forests, pristine scenery, and beautiful country. In between the Absaroka and Beartooth Mountains, Cody has of some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country and unspoiled land ideal for the outdoor enthusiast. There truly is something for everyone here, whether you are a fisherman, hunter, or backcountry backpacker. Cody has two main scenic drives: the North Fork and the South Fork of the Shoshone – providing incredible wildlife viewing, hunting opportunities, and even internationally recognized ice climbing.
With Yellowstone in your backyard and 300 days of sunshine every year, you’ll always find something new to explore.
Here at Mossy Oak Properties, we look forward to getting outside and exploring the places we call home. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Cedar Mountain | Albeit steep, this hike rewards you at the top with an unbeatable view of both the North Fork and South Fork.
- Pahaska Teepee | A wonderful spot for skiing in the winter, these trails are groomed for both classic and skate skiing. Make sure to check it out!
- Heart Mountian | This mountain is iconic in Cody, so why not hike to the top and get a bird’s eye view?
- Newton Lakes | These lakes are perfect for fishing, kayaking, and paddleboarding during the hot summer months.
- Pryor Mountains | Take a trip on the wild side and drive over to the Pryors to see wild horses.